Brunch @ Department of Caffeine

Last Sunday, I woke up to early morning to draw lots for Exit Plan winners. I was really happy to announce the winners as the tickets were with my for almost a month. They must have waiting to go to play the escape with their tickets. I know how it feels !!

And after I'm done, I woke Xiong up. Literally shake the whole bed to make him wake up for brunch! Its a beautiful Sunday morning, don't waste the good times! As we were thinking to catch  X-men in Vivocity, we explored the cafes around Tanjong Pagar and we finally settled on one.








Door was closed at all times. All of us were comfortable to take shelter from the sun.

When we were there, we parked the car once we saw a parking lot. After we got out of the car, we walked down the shop houses to find the café but it was no-where to be found. It was only when we walked back towards his car, we reaslised that we had parked directly in front of the café. *face-slapped*

Reservation was already close when I called them up. It was about 1.30pm when I made that call. So, we could only try to walk-in. There were many of them in the queue, Xiong and I were about the 6th in the queue. As we were advised that the waiting time was 30 minutes, we left our name, contact number and decided to go for a walk and explored the area within vicinity.


There were other cafes around such as Selfish Gene, The Plain etc.

After sometimes, we managed to get our seats.
One page menu where they list all the food

It is a small café but always full!

We were constantly looking at other's people food (look at what they were eating so we know what to order :| )



Hot chocolate $5 *Not very sweet but good too*
       
Mango Yogurt fresh mint $6 *Very Good*
Streaky Bacon, scrambled eggs and maple bacon jam $18.50

Fulling and nice. The size of waffle is big. Hearty breakfast!





D.O.C Breakfast Platter $18.50

At first I thought the tomato was cold, but it was not. I have no idea what they did to the tomato but it was very delicious (I am one who see tomato as enemy). The ham (bacon on the menu) was so thick! *Yum* Big portion of scrambled eggs and 2 chive russet potatoes made me really full for the whole afternoon.


15 Duxton Road,
Singapore 089481
Tel: 6223 3426

You can make reservation online too!











No comments:

Post a Comment