Our Wedding Day 15.09.2018 [Morning]

It was a long wait. Love and 1 waited for 2 years so that we can have the wedding. It also means that it has been '3 years' since mum passed away. If only we could get married when we were 26, perhaps mum would be able to witness all of our happiness...

Early morning... 




As i am not a Teochew, i do not have to wake up so early. I woke up at 6.30am, bathed and had my make up on at 7.30am. My make up artist is Sammi (Whitelink) and after setting up her makeup stuffs, we began. At the sametme, my bridesmaids were there around 8.30am and all of them started preparing the gatecrash foodies. My MUA took less than 2 hours to do my hair and make up.
PG and VG were also there at around 8.30am to shoot and film for our morning highlights.

It was such a busy morning for everyone except me. I was enjoying the aircon in my room, waiting and waiting..
My cousin took a photo of me.

Soon after,  i received a text message that my prince charming has reached Ubi's carpark.

You have no idea how fast my heart beats when i saw this photo...

Our gatecrash games were pretty simple and easy. There is no qualms about what my bridesmaid are going to do to them. Life has never been simple and my cousin was telling me: So easy to marry you.
Well, love has been groomsmen for a number of times and he would have seen the worst. But i guess i love him too much that i didn't want him to suffer on our big day.

I was sitting patiently in the room while the guys are sweating and playing those games. It was so loud that i could hear the sounds outside. 

Taking selfie of myself. I love the make up!

Doing a quiz about me. He got so many errors and still tried to argue the answers after our wedding -.-

It was definitely entertaining as i heard lots of laughter outside. Not long after, i heard the sound of unlocking the gates. Love must have happy. There is no promises, no contract to sign before he entered.

So simple!

It was already closed to 10.45am when he entered and we still had to go through the tea ceremony before we left for Sengkang! 

My aunty prepared the 甜汤。 Thanks to her for making the efforts.

We started the tea ceremony right after the the desserts and one by one we greeted the relatives. It was a new experience seeing love greeted them the way i do. I felt really happy and grateful inside.

While we were busy, the groomsmen were taking photos outside. I wonder why Yang Ann doesn't wear black shoes.. Did love go easy on the shoe colour?

Kids were waiting for Uncle bear to come

We are indeed couples, even posting the same pose separately..

The weather was good after we had finished the tea ceremony in Ubi, we made our way to the carpark and time to go Seng Kang. Dad sheltered me to the car with the red umbrella ( well, they do in Hainanese Wedding and we just followed). 

Car ride to Seng Kang was relatively smooth on the Saturday morning. We reached there in about 15-20 minutes. On the road, there were many couples getting married on the same day as us.

They are ready!

We knew that we were already overrun around 30 minutes. After we entered the house, we went straight to the room to have the Tang Yuan, cooked by mother-in-law. After that we began the tea ceremony. My hubby's family is not big so we finished the tea ceremony very fast.  While going through the tea ceremony, brothers and sisters (Except Jas who helped us with the ang baos) were filling their tummies at the corridor. 



The photo taking comes along and after that my bridesmaids helped me to changed into Kua.

It looks like we are of the same height but in fact we are not. Me and my pretty bridesmaids!

Even though we are pretty much overrun to close 45 minutes, we still continued a short photoshoot in Temasek Poly. Love and i studied there from 2009-2012 (3 years, not 4!)  and it was Year 2 when we were in the same class. We were in the same FYP in Year 3 together with Wei Teck, Shi Qi and Angela and we thought that we made an odd team. But somehow , we got along well and till today, we were their bridesmaid and groomsmen for each other wedding. 10 years of friendship and still going strong.  

Credits to Wei Teck. He always has our nice photos. 

After the photoshoot in TP, we rushed (like a mad dog) to Ubi to return home with the pig. Thanks for Ah Qiang and Ah Hao helping Xiong to carry the pig to Ubi. It is really heavy. The meaning of Pig symbolise that the bride is still a é—ºç§€。 Dad has to cut the middle part of the pig and return the head and tail to Groom. With his brother help, we drove to Sentosa straight to check in while the brothers helped us to carry the rest of the pig to Seng Keng.

Its funny to take a photo with the pig. And mum was also in the picture! 

I will be posting about the Dinner in a while later but before i end, i will post some photos of the morning activities









Signing off~~

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I had a great time and enjoyed your blog. Cheers for this and happy wedding. budget hotel in sukhumvit

    ReplyDelete